Angela founded AMD Architecture in 1997 with the goal of providing quality architecture that is equally responsible to her clients and the greater environment. Through professional experience and community participation, she has been dedicated to promoting all aspects of sustainable design from programming and site planning to occupancy.
As the author of Green by Design: Creating a Home for Sustainable Living, Angela shares the environmentally responsible design principles she holds dear. Her goal, in the book and professionally, is to make green building and healthy living accessible for everyone. She emphasizes the notion that green is not a menu of add-on options, but a design philosophy that integrates aesthetics, budget, function, health, and enjoyment.
- 1996, Utah #273382-0301
- LEED AP Certificate 2001
- CHPC, Certified Passive house Consultant 2013
- University of Utah, Master of Architecture, 1994
- University of Utah, Bachelor of Science, 1991
- American Institute of Architects
- US Green Building Council
- Passive House Alliance US
- Utah Women’s Forum Member 2014 to present
- US Green Building Council - Board Member
- Salt Lake City Planning Commissioner 2008-2016
- Utah Society for Environmental Education - Board Member, 2005 to 2011
- AIA Salt Lake, Treasurer 2004-2006
- AIA Utah Committee on the Environment, Chair 1998-2000
Wayne L. Gordon III
After beginning his architecture career in his home state of Virginia, Wayne came west for graduate studies and has remained in Utah since. An advocate and expert in historic preservation, Wayne also recognizes that as knowledge and technology advance, new as well as timeless ideas can be incorporated and often used together harmoniously. His depth of experience and attention to detail creates elegant design solutions for a broad range of project types that AMD serves.
- 1996, Utah #312764-0301
- University of Utah, Master of Architecture, 1995
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Science in Architecture, 1985
- University College London, Architecture Studies, Fall 1984
As an Alaska native, nature has always been an important part of Brandon’s life. Growing up in a small town surrounded by the beauty of the state, he discovered harmony between the built environment and the natural world. He finds inspiration from the outdoors and is excited to be living in the Salt Lake City community again so close to the numerous outdoor activities. Brandon believes that architecture should not only fit the needs of the client, but provide responsible design solutions whenever possible. He brings a unique perspective to our team with his hands-on experience in construction and woodworking, enhancing our sustainable design efforts.
- California College of the Arts, Master of Architecture 2010
- University of Utah, Bachelor of Science in Architecture 2008
- 2009 Team California Solar Decathlon - Energy Net Zero Home
Jessica is a lifelong Salt Lake resident and is excited to be a part of a growing community movement to live, work, and play cohesively with our natural environment. She believes in designing with an efficient and functional style while working with and respecting the power of nature. Jessica brings her experience in the construction industry and love of creative problem solving into the design process, always with consideration for minimizing the impact on the balance of life. She is currently pursuing her education in Architecture while bringing her talents in organization, technical skills, and attention to detail to AMD projects.
SLCC AS in Architecture, current